Organization: Dr. Jenn Rager-Kay for PA 85.
Location: Lewisburg, PA, Selinsgrove, PA
Many are frustrated by the current political environment — help be part of the solution and organize for
Dr. Jenn Rager-Kay, who is a Democrat running for State Rep. in the 85th District. The 85th
encompasses most of Union and Snyder Counties. This internship will provide a valuable look into the
tactics and strategies of running for elected office. Dr. Jenn’s team is committed to innovating ways to
run and win in a rural, conservative area.
AREAS OF SPECIALTY:
Interns will be able to focus on an area of interest that matches campaign needs. These may include:
- Field: Run Canvasses, Train Volunteers, Help Develop Precinct Analysis Papers.
- Political: Research Politicians and Local Issue Groups, Help Craft Policy Dossiers.
- Fundraising: Help Plan Fundraisers, Conduct Donor Research.
- Communications: Develop and assess communication efforts in traditional and social media, develop new frames for progressive issues that will work in rural areas
- Willingness to learn new skills and to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to keep cool under pressure.
- Commitment to Democratic Party values.
Women, persons of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and other traditionally disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
We ask that Interns commit between 5-10 hours/week. The internship is unpaid. Academic credit may be possible through your university or college.